Start-Up Competition 2013
Speakeasy was named the Region’s Next Best Start-Up at the 2nd Annual i.e.* Start-Up Competition on April 16th! They took home a $10,000 cash prize and other great prizes. Dragon Grips won the $2,500 People’s Choice Award.
Read about the event on Work It, Richmond.
Read about all of the finalists on RVANews.
More about the i.e.* Start-Up Competition
The winner of the Start-Up Competition receives a $10,000 cash prize, thanks to our friends at Cherry Bekaert LLP, as well as…
– Also new this year, one finalist will be named the People’s Choice Award Winner and receive $2,500 from First Capital Bank!
Eligibility requirements for contestants:
1. Contestants must verify that they have been in business for less than one year (or not prior to March 19, 2012), or not yet a licensed business, and
2. Contestants must be willing to headquarter their business somewhere in the Richmond Region.
Evaluation of the viability of the business to be successful
Evaluation of the innovative nature of the business
Originality of the product or service in the market
Selection of Finalists: Here is how our finalists were selected:
– A cadre of local successful entrepreneurs selected their top 5 from the overall contestant pool. They had access only to the information posted on the i.e.* website.
– The public voted during a three day period, March 26, 27 and 28, via the i.e.* site. The ten contestants that received the most votes were named finalists.
– One contestant was selected by both the entrepreneurs and the public, resulting in 14 finalists.
– Chamber staff members are NOT involved in selecting the finalists