Welcome to the 2015 i.e.* Startup Competition…back by popular demand!
This year, we’re giving away $22,500 in cash prizes.
First we are offering a $10,000 prize for the Region’s Best Startup. This year we are adding another $10,000 prize for the Region’s Best Social Innovation Startup. A big thank you to The Community Foundation for sponsoring the Social Innovation Award.
In addition to the cash prizes, both winners will receive:
- Six months of free office space at New Richmond Ventures
- $2400 worth of coworking at 804RVA (6-Month Roaming Wolf Coworking Membership)
- $1,500 worth of website strategy and managed hosting services from GroundWork Design
- Mentoring from Lighthouse Labs
Also, one finalist will be named the People’s Choice Award Winner and receive $2,500 from First Capital Bank. This winner will be chosen on-site at the competition.
804RVA is also offering 6 months of their Community Membership to all of the finalists (valued at $210 per person).
Eligibility requirements for contestants
- Contestants must verify that they have been in business for less than one year (or not prior to April 20, 2014), or not yet a licensed business, and
- Contestants must be willing to headquarter their businesses somewhere in the Richmond Region.
- Evaluation of the viability of the business to be successful
- Evaluation of the innovative nature of the business
- Originality of the product or service in the market
Selection of Finalists
- Some of the finalists will be selected by a cadre of local successful entrepreneurs. They will have access only to the information posted on the i.e.* website.
- A majority of the finalists will be selected by the public, which will vote online during a three day period, April 21, 22 and 23, via the i.e.* site.
- Chamber staff members are NOT involved in selecting the finalists.
- Contest entry deadline – Monday, April 20th at 11:00 p.m.
- Online public voting – April 21st, 22nd, 23rd
- Finalists announced – Friday, April 24th
- Startup Competition – Tuesday, May 12th, at 6:00 p.m. at Richmond CenterStage
Read a recap about the 2014 i.e.* Startup Competition
Tenant Turner was named the Region’s Next Best Startup at the 3rd Annual i.e.* Startup Competition on last spring. They took home a $10,000 cash prize and other great prizes. CUSH won the $2,500 People’s Choice Award.
Read about all of the finalists on RVANews.